Pages

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Glossary of Embroidery Stitches from Anne Wanner

For many years I have admired the work of Anne Wanner of Switzerland, at the Textile Museum in St Gallen Switzerland and for her production of the CatalogueMuster und Zeichen there and also too with the European Centre of Studies of Ancient Textiles.
Now she is working on a significant Glossary of Embroidery Stitches which will provide a formal structure and classification of stitches by type. The first three parts are published. The work has text in English, French, German and Italian and is beautifully illustrated with detailed stitches and the work of old textiles seen from both sides. I cannot recommend this work more highly. Each part costs 12 Euros which can be paid via PayPal. To obtain a copy, please click here to email Anne Wanner direct.

2 comments:

  1. Could you please give us an idea of the order of magnitude of cost for Ms. Wanner's work? I wouldn't want to waste her time by requesting a reply if the book is out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry - I should have mentioned the price. I have edited the post and you can now see that each part costs 12 Euros and can be paid for via PayPal

    ReplyDelete